Actually, it was you that reported this. You also reported it on the
Cygwin64 list (they didn't seem to know anything about the segfaults).

Apparently there were problems within ld, which have presumably been
resolved.

On the other hand, you were able to build a shared library ok, but some
(not all) of the tests segfaulted.

It looks like this just never got dealt with (perhaps we dealt with the ld
problem and never did anything about the other).

Bill.