On 4/5/2014 9:30 AM, Bill Hart wrote:
Cygwin/MinGW/Cygwin64/MinGW64:

wget http://mpir.org/mpir-2.7.0-alpha2.tar.bz2
tar -xvf mpir-2.7.0-alpha1.tar.bz2
cd mpir-2.7.0
./configure --enable-gmpcompat --enable-cxx --disable-static
make
make check

I wanted to report some things I ran into while building the mpir-2.7.0-alpha4. I am building on Windows XP x64 (old OS, I know) in an MSYS shell using the MinGW64 compiler.

./configure --enable-gmpcompat --enable-cxx --disable-static
make
make check

This configure and make both succeeded for me. However, I ran into a known problem (on WinXP) during "make check" with t-printf. So, nothing new here, and I would call it an overall success. However, this configure is not how I normally make MPIR, so (after deleting and recreating the folder) I then did:

./configure --enable-gmpcompat

This configured for a few seconds, and then complained with:

configure: error: cannot build both static and DLL, since mpir.h is different for each.
Use "--disable-static --enable-shared" to build just a DLL.

I only wanted a static build. I thought this used to be the default interpretation of the configure line I gave, but perhaps not. So, then I added --disable-shared to get:

./configure --enable-gmpcompat --disable-shared
make
make check

This configure and make both completed successfully for me. This "make check" also ran into the known (on WinXP) problem with t-printf. All other tests passed, so I would call this one good too.

Then I tried to compile the latest svn version of gmp-ecm with this MPIR 2.7.0a4 gmp.h and libgmp.a. I ran into problems and I'm wondering if it is an issue with the MPIR functions, or the way gmp-ecm is calling these functions. The error I got was:
mpmod.c:1503:7: error: too many arguments to function '__gmpn_mulmod_Bexpp1'
       PTR(R)[n] = mpn_mul_fft (PTR(R), n, s1p, ABS(s1s), s2p, ABS(s2s), k);
       ^
In file included from ecm-gmp.h:28:0,
                 from mpmod.c:25:
c:/mingw64-20130711/mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/include/gmp.h:1611:20: note: decl
ared here
 __GMP_DECLSPEC int mpn_mulmod_Bexpp1 __GMP_PROTO ((mp_ptr, mp_srcptr, mp_srcptr
, mp_size_t, mp_ptr));
                    ^

Actually, now that I look at old versions of both MPIR and gmp-ecm, I don't see any changes to this function call. It doesn't look like this function was in MPIR 2.5.2 and it looks like the function is the same between 2.6.0 and 2.7.0. So this is most likely a problem with the gmp-ecm source. I'll let them know about this issue.

So, all that to say, the latest 2.7.0-alpha4 seems to be working just fine for me. Thanks!

-David C.