It is curious that Representative Kahn has been in the legislature for
at least 30 years, but has decided to sponsor legislation for earlier
elections only after the first time that the DFL lacks three seats on
the council and lost two seats in previously solid DFL wards.  It is
also may be revealing that the Park Board was not included in Khan's
legislation where the Greens ran competitive races in a couple of
districts but failed to gain seats.  The motives behind the legislation
would seem far more sincere if the changes began after the next census -
before we know the outcome of the elections.

Jordan Kushner
Ward 8