Hi!

>From: Ricardo Jurczyk Pinheiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>       Have you ever take a look at some ZX-Spectrum homepages, specially the
>Russian ones? They've done games like Dune 2, Mortal Kombat, Doom and
>others to the Speccy. Of course, it's limited by the machine's
capacity.

Hmm? We have certainly GFX9000 which is far beyond possibilities of a ZX
spectrum gfx, so why not use it instead of a plain MSX2 (V9938) ?????
Develop good software for GFX9000/MOONSOUND so people finally can se
what they are missing by not buying these cards!!!! Only good games /
good software can make people buy it.

>So, why not we can remake some games, even from PC and/or PSX, to our
MSXs?

Like ex. Micro Mirror Men (PC Lemmings)? I have seen a promo of it with
MOONSOUND music (When I had MOONSOUND) and it was really cool (though
beta), but it was never finished as many other projecs.
Is NOP still alive? Are they going to resume the project?
A GFX9000 version would offer faster GFX, more colours, better
resolution (interlace without annoying blinking) etc. etc.
Just think about it!!

>But please avoid doing versions speciallt 4 GFX9000 and/or Moonsound.

I disagree on that point of view. Our first priority should be GFX9000
and MOONSUND and DOS2 when we are making any games today. Why do you
think people don´t buy GFX9000?

1. Ecenomical problem (Expensive)
2. No games or valuable software = why should I put so much money in it?

If we stick to making only MSX2 games and "set" the limit here, we are
making a huge mistake.
I have read previous messages and seen that poeple are avoiding to make
any software which is DOS1 incompatible. At first this sets limits, next
noone is "forced to" buy DOS2 thus we are making it DOS1 compatible
(even after 11 years!).
The argument with emulators is really weak. Ofcourse emulators should
emulate MSX hardware (dos2) etc. and not opposite.

The same problem we have here. Everything has to be MSX2 native and
eveeeeentuallllyyyyt with MOONSOUND/GFX9000 option. The user will never
be "forced" to
see the final advantage (Better sound/Great GFX), if we don´t make any
games requiring these cards. If you see a finished cool product, you
automatically want it. Today there is noone who wish to buy GFX9000 to
play 1 game.
Ofcourse if the developers agree on the fact that there are still many
plain users of MSX2 (without expansions) there can be made MSX2 versions
if possible but make first a version for GFX9000/MOONSOUND.
We must agree on the fact that msx is a hobby and no profit can be made
with it, so why not put all effort to make really good products for
these (new) cards and dorop the crap about backward compatibility which
is actually slowly killing the msx scene as a matter of fact.

>       Note about Abyss: You know, Abyss is doing that game, XTazy. Nice, but
it
>requires GFX9000, Moonsound AND harddisk. So, I think XTazy will be
surely
>the best, but also one of the most unpopular MSX game which had ever
been
>made. Why? The requirements to run XTazy.
Yes you´ll need a tR too, to run this game. But if more games of this
kind are made for MSX2/(tR) (With G9000/MOONS) people will finally be
forced to upgrade their system to get (and hopefully cool) new games.

So it´s time to move on!