> >Come on, it should be REALLY easy hardware- and software-wise to implement
> >a circuit that will reset just the Z380 in order to switch to legacy mode.
> >It's a non-issue.
>
>  It's not a hardware matter. It's a software also. What to do with the
>registers...? If the Program Counter is above 64Kb, where will you put
>it? If the SP is above the 64Kb, where you'll put it?

I already said it's also a software matter. It's possible to think of
solutions for this.

> >See above, if you think the an extra 50% is gonna make 'a really large
> >difference' over the already 800% increase, vote for Z180. But Z380 is
> >still president in my book :)
>
>   Nothing was proposed to be "voted".

I was talking metaphorically.

>Kick something is one thing. Kick EVERYTHING but the name is something
>a lot different.

Ofcourse, but not EVERYTHING is kicked, so that's a non-argument.

> >Z180 nah... Only Z380, and to a less extent eZ80, allows great speedups
> >when run in 'full' mode. The Z180 just doesn't have a lot of nice speedy
> >opcodes!
> >In other words there's only a minimal difference between programming Z180
> >in legacy code or in full Z180 assembly.
>
>   50% minimal? Wow! 800% to 1200% is minimal? Ok, you win.

Sorry, while 800% to 1200% looks impressive, it's still only a 50%
increase. And that's a high price to pay for LOOSING all the EXTRA
processing power of the Z380, IMHO.

Greetz,

                 Patriek