> > >Z180 nah... Only Z380, and to a less extent eZ80, allows great speedups
> > >when run in 'full' mode. The Z180 just doesn't have a lot of nice
speedy
> > >opcodes!
> > >In other words there's only a minimal difference between programming
Z180
> > >in legacy code or in full Z180 assembly.
> >
> >   50% minimal? Wow! 800% to 1200% is minimal? Ok, you win.
>
> Sorry, while 800% to 1200% looks impressive, it's still only a 50%
> increase. And that's a high price to pay for LOOSING all the EXTRA
> processing power of the Z380, IMHO.

It IS impressive (50% I mean). It is really alot of extra processor power.
I mean, a Pentium 300 is _only_ 50% faster than a Pentium 200. However, a
Pentium 200 can hardly emulate an N64. A Pentium 300 can emulate it fine. It
really matters alot.

And besides, the Z180 ALSO has 'extra' processing power. I doubt the Z380 in
enhanced mode will be faster than the Z180 in enhanced mode, of which the
enhanced instructions might be a little slower but of which the processor is
really much faster (and has better perspective, since the eZ80 is compatible
while the 40 MHz version of the Z380 has been discontinued).

 email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
      visit my homepage at http://grauw.blehq.org/