Pablo Vasques Bravo-Villalba soltó algo así como:

> What do you mean by a sequencer? I don't think

A CUBASE-style program.

> tracker-style programs are bullshit. Many of
> them are even used for professional works. My

Trackers are used only to make dance music and
similar.

> first contact with PC music was with a se-
> quencing program named Cakewalk for DOS. I
> thought it was great, but I never achieved
> great productivity with it (maybe because I
> actually didn't have any MIDI input device)

Do you know the actual versions of CakeWalk?
I use EVERY DAY the Cakewalk Pro Audio v9.0
(I work as composer/arranger/producer at a
recording studio).
That program is similar to Cubase VST or Logic Audio.

> and eventually found FT2 and everything was
> good. :)

This is I think about trackers:

FT2 is bullshit.
ST3 is bullshit.
IT is bullshit.
MoonBlaster is BIG BULLSHIT.

> But I still miss MML music programming. Some-
> times it's cumbersome, but it's the best way
> to define short note sequences. Think drums
> or arpeggios. :)

I think MML is the best (actual) way to make
music on MSX. Using MuSICA I can sequence any kind
of music, there is no musical limitations as
occurs on trackers.

> This is getting off-topic, but this is the

Not off-topic!   I think it is very important
to speak about music editors because there is no
good programs for MSX. It would be nice if we
had a good music editor.
Could you imagine if we got the editor used by
Microcabin?  We only can dream of this.

> point: a bad sequencer will never be better
> than a good tracker. Bad sequencers, bad
> trackers, badly designed MML... This is

I don't agree at all ..... Trackers are BAD
because they have 'phisical' limitations.
Using a tracker, MoonBlaster for example,
I cannot make irregular groups like
triplets, etc., I can't record live phrases,
I can't achieve a good timing resolution,
I can't make 'feeling', 'human' music,
I can't use different measures than 4/4...

Pathetic.

> what I'd call bullshit. MSX, as any other
> system, benefits a lot from good SOFTWARE.

Of course. But I'm sure at this point: MuSICA
is better than MonsterBlaster, for instance.
MML allows making music similar to the music
made using a good sequencer (cakewalk/cubase alike).

Un saludo,

Jose Angel Morente ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
*MSX DREAMS*       ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

¡Suscríbete a HispaMSX!
http://www.egroups.com/community/hispamsx
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

msxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsxmsx