On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:46:51PM +0100, Laurens Holst wrote:
> Wynke Stulemeijer wrote:
>
> >>With regard to reading the list, I think you have insight in the number
> >>of subscribers and the amount of bounced mails... I'd say pretty much
> >>every mail which arrives at its destination is read (actually, keeping
> >>up with the mailinglist is a lot easier now than it used to be in the
> >>past :)).
> >
> >Certainly. I recently moved all old mails to an archive folder (yeah,
> >I keep them all) and then found that no new ones arrived.
> >
> >I think I get at least 100 spams for every mail posted. But I can
> >discard them all at once, so that's ok.
>
> Hmm, that???s annoying :/...

Yeah. If I don't check daily (which I usually can't) it is just too
much to deal with.

> But, those are from unregistered mail addresses, right... If it proves
> too bothersome, you could just discard all mails not in the list of
> subscribers (that basically already happens, except that after a while
> legitimate mails are allowed in after all). I realise the limitations of
> such a thing, but on the other hand I don???t think it would be too
> inconvenient. I personally at least wouldn???t mind such a change :).

Heh, only one mail has been manually allowed recently. There are
simply too many spams to even find them. So it'd be good to
automatically allow a few more mails, so they won't get lost (which
they doubtlessly will if I have to let them through my hand and can't
do so every day).

> Doing that, it would be convenient though if people could add alias
> email addresses to their list account, or be able to subscribe addresses
> without receiving mail from the mailinglist on it. Thus facilitating
> people using a different address for sending and receiving mail. I don???t
> know if that is already possible.

This is possible. I think people can do that themselves; I'll check if
that is true tonight.

> Another possibility would perhaps be to allow email from addresses which
> have partial matches with an existing list address. But that???s less
> trivial.

I don't think the software would allow that...

Anyway, I'm looking into things.

Hugs,

Wynke.