Hello all,

 I also like to keep this list alive, how many are there still in the user list?

Grtz >*< TOM >*<

Wynke Stulemeijer schreef:
On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:46:51PM +0100, Laurens Holst wrote:

Wynke Stulemeijer wrote:

With regard to reading the list, I think you have insight in the number
of subscribers and the amount of bounced mails... I'd say pretty much
every mail which arrives at its destination is read (actually, keeping
up with the mailinglist is a lot easier now than it used to be in the
past :)).

Certainly. I recently moved all old mails to an archive folder (yeah,
I keep them all) and then found that no new ones arrived.

I think I get at least 100 spams for every mail posted. But I can
discard them all at once, so that's ok.

Hmm, that???s annoying :/...

Yeah. If I don't check daily (which I usually can't) it is just too
much to deal with.

But, those are from unregistered mail addresses, right... If it proves
too bothersome, you could just discard all mails not in the list of
subscribers (that basically already happens, except that after a while
legitimate mails are allowed in after all). I realise the limitations of
such a thing, but on the other hand I don???t think it would be too
inconvenient. I personally at least wouldn???t mind such a change :).

Heh, only one mail has been manually allowed recently. There are
simply too many spams to even find them. So it'd be good to
automatically allow a few more mails, so they won't get lost (which
they doubtlessly will if I have to let them through my hand and can't
do so every day).

Doing that, it would be convenient though if people could add alias
email addresses to their list account, or be able to subscribe addresses
without receiving mail from the mailinglist on it. Thus facilitating
people using a different address for sending and receiving mail. I don???t
know if that is already possible.

This is possible. I think people can do that themselves; I'll check if
that is true tonight.

Another possibility would perhaps be to allow email from addresses which
have partial matches with an existing list address. But that???s less
trivial.

I don't think the software would allow that...

Anyway, I'm looking into things.

Hugs,

Wynke.

begin:vcard
fn:Tom Emmelot
n:Emmelot;Tom
adr:;;Geerdinkhof 602;Amsterdam;NH;1103RL;Netherlands
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:T. Emmelot
tel;fax:+31847430214
tel;home:+31206999263