Jetze Mellema wrote:
I have a feeling, and I think other people with me, that MRC has
become more of an MRC community site than an MSX community one.

No, please not again that discussion. The MRC is a moderated forum, not a democracy. Accept it and don't whine about it.

Let's keep the discussion positive and constructive. The MSX scene is not
served with negative discussuins about 'the other side'. We've seen that too
much. (IMHO)

I agree that weâve seen these discussions often enough, and I do not want such one either. However, on the other hand, we shouldnât put a blind eye to things we donât like, of course :). I donât know what the English term for âdoofpotâ is, but in any case, putting stuff in it isnât good.

So, I do not think discussion must to be âpositiveâ at all times. However this is a /distributed/ list (contrary to usenet or a forum), which means that you canât as easily tell people to ignore discussions they donât like. Therefore, it is good if people hold some constraint when writing non-constructive / non-positive mail to the list :).

But, I think this kind of happens automatically. From the top of my mind, I donât really recall a real flamewar ever happening on the MSX Malinglist (though I probably recall wrong ;p). Given the nature of a mailinglist, it is also much easier to take (and tell people to take) a discussion off-list, which helps too.