On 2014-05-08, Nigel Redmon wrote:

The bottom line, I think, is that yes white noise is random, but the low frequency components are, well, low frequency.

You can't here 1Hz though, evenif you can hear its contray 1s repeat frequency.

Now take a long enough random sequence with all of its content under 200Hz or so filtered out by DFT. Repeat the DFT block. Can you still hear the repetition? By definition, there's no "bump" there, either. At least if you did it right.

Anyway, like I said, I’ve been through this before so there were no surprises. Sampo, were you looking for a particular revelation? I’m not sure if I’m listening for what you were getting at.

You prolly are. You seem to know what I'm getting at in full. But if you think about what that means, really, it just is *really* difficult to see what *these* LTI implictions have to do with the *shorter* time LTI implications we normally work with and e.g. base our codecs on.

And really, I just *love* the people of old who know about this or old, and/or try it out anew. :)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2