On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 00:12:52 +0200, Don Redman wrote:

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:57:31 +0200, derGraph wrote:

Robert Kaye wrote:
I'm sorry but I simply do not have the background to make a decision on this.

Herr Redman, can you please organize a vote?

Hmm it seems we have reached consensus here. Both the vote and the discussion seem to say:

Use Sentence case but capitalise proper nouns (i.e. names, places, god, etc)

The question which remains is how strict should this guideline be.

There does not seem to be a clear consensus, but since Latin is a rather obscure case fro style, and since everybody agrees that the context (or host language) does factually influence capitalization, it makes sense to have a relatively loose guideline.

Someone (I forgot who) proposed that the above guideline should be applied, if
 a) text is in all caps or all lowercase,
b) text is capitalized inconsistently throughout a series, artist or even release.
I would add that the guideline is a recomendation in all other cases.

Two questions to the community:

1: Does anybody have a veto agains the general choice of capitalization (disregarding the strictness)?
 2: How strict should the guideline be?

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)