Brian Schweitzer wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Leiv Hellebo wrote:
>      >      >
>      >      > There's 5 positions I know of which I've not tried to
>     handle, as they
>      >      > all seem more like Location-Artist ARs to me, should we
>     ever get
>      >      > Locations...
>      >      > Artist-in-residence
>      >      > Conductor-in-residence
>      >      > Composer-in-residence
>      >      > Concert Producer
>      >      > Music Supervisor
>

>     Googling conductor-in-residence readily gives plenty of artist-artist
>     relations, so I don't understand why you think Location-Artist is
>     better.

   As for -in-residence, that was my thought
> initially, and I saw the same from Google.  Then I looked through a lot
> of those Google hits (somewhere around 300 of them), and all but 3 or 4
> really boiled down to "Foo is/was conductor/artist in residence to
> foundation/location Pez which is also the organization behind/location
> of orchestra/choir Bar".  Hence why Foo-Pez and Pez-Bar
> ('location-artist' ARs) would both make more sense to me than a direct
> artist-artist AR.

I see this, but although there is another organisation paying the bill
and it is tied to a particular location, I think perhaps

ConductorA is/was conductor in residence with OrchestraB

is better anyway. ConductorA needs the Orchestra(s) of the location more
than he needs the location, and it seems more of a musical relationship.

   For those rare cases where it really is a direct
> artist-artist, those seemed safely enough cat-corners to leave out for
> the moment, both to avoid growing the proposal even more and to avoid
> that majority of location-artist ARs being entered as artist-artist ARs,
> since we're currently lacking both locations and those much more correct
> (imho) artist-location ARs.

AFAIK there is no influx of users dying to add this data or complaining
about the lack thereof either, so I agree there is no rush to add this.

Leiv / leivhe