2011/5/12 caramel <carame...@ymail.com>

> 2011/5/12 Frederic Da Vitoria <davito...@gmail.com>
>

>> You prefer Latin script like me, but Russian users would probably
>> disagree. If we follow ArtistIntent strictly, clearly Russian Works should
>> be entered in Cyrillic.
>>
> Yes with aliases names in at least one Latin language. For classical
> composers, there are lot of resources available (eg.
> http://www.tchaikovsky-research.net/en/Works/) to know the original titles
> and to choose between all "common names" found in the database. But it will
> last months and more to enter all the information and link the recordings.

I don't think there is an easy and quick way to do it. The only sure thing
is that more we wait, more releases are entered and more work there is to do
:-) Now that NGS is here with Works support, we should go on. But you I
agree we must do it carefully. I believe/hope there will be new data schemas
better suited for classical music, and if we do it carefully we will make
the work for that next step easier.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)