Hello, caramel:

> I agree that I prefer languages using Latin script but not to
> discriminate our Russian friends for Tchaikovsky, Shostakovitch,
> Moussorgsky,... I am not closing the debate here. And there is always
> the possibility to add aliases for the work names. It is a pretty
> solution to maintain the original title in its language and to add at
> least the English translation as alias name.

   AFAICS (http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/-/images/5/52/ngs.png) work
aliases don't have any attribute indicating  "work_alias.name" is a
translation of "work.name" (or even the language used in
"work_alias.name") which would make it hard to use this in e.g. picard
to automatically choose the "correct" language.

--
Wieland / Mineo