On 2013/01/18 12:30, Denis Krjuchkov <de...@crazydev.net> wrote:
> OK. Just let me know if you're willing to adopt this approach.
> If not I'll think about other possible solutions for improving
> Unicode support on Windows port.

I'm ok with it.  Please review my patch, and if you think it's
correct, you may merge it and write more patches on top of it.

> I think compiler is going to call destructor which requires `this`
> parameter pointing to some memory location. Apparently it is not
> smart enough to generate destructor variant that is able to destroy
> the object stored in a register.

The compiler can very well do that, it will even suppress the free()
call (and let the destructor disappear completely) if it sees a NULL
check before that.  Yay for modern C++ compilers!

The problem is when a Path object leaves the function and must be
passed/returned to/from an "extern".  This is where the C++ ABI must
be applied.