17.01.2013 19:08, Max Kellermann пишет:
> I'm not sure.  This missed chance for optimization is annoying, but
> the advantages may outweigh that.

OK. Just let me know if you're willing to adopt this approach.
If not I'll think about other possible solutions for improving Unicode
support on Windows port.

> In this case, the compiler is too stupid to apply the optimization.
> Or the C++ ABI doesn't allow it, because it may not have been adapted
> to C++11 capabilities yet.

I think compiler is going to call destructor which requires `this`
parameter pointing to some memory location. Apparently it is not smart
enough to generate destructor variant that is able to destroy the object
stored in a register.

--
Denis