On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:53:05PM -0600, David Champion [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> On 2002.01.07, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > >
> > > I don't know what to do about that, except to post less often myself.
> >
> > And, ironically, he mailed the list to tell us why he's unsubscribing
> > instead of just unsubscribing.  =)
>
> I don't think it's ironic, just excusably off-topic. But it's true, and

Especially considering that it's one of the Mutt "old guard" saying it.

> it needed to be said sometime. I've considered unsubscribing a number
> of times, myself, but I'm not quite to that point yet. However, when
> my 550-600 messages per day finally gets to be too much, which list
> will fall off first? That's right, the one with 50-75 messages per day,
> seemingly a third of which are social in nature, or questions about vim
> or other software that is not mutt.
>
> Indicating that a problem exists hardly comprises noise in itself. I
> expect this will be my only complaint on the subject, but I've long felt
> that the issue deserved a little attention.

<aol>me too</aol>

I guess it's nice that Mutt is getting so much use these days, but a lot of
the traffic does seem to be... well, noise.  I admit I have a hard time
keeping www.mutt.org's user sections as current as I should at least
partially because of the fact that following this list very closely is a
formidable task.

Though, to be blunt, a more current FAQ would probably help a lot in
keeping the traffic down.  If anyone wanted to try their hand at it and did
a very good job I would certainly link to it.