On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Simon White wrote:
> I sure don't see them compiling Mutt using a cygwin environment or anything,
> but I have switched /some/ to PC-PINE, that's about as far as I'll get.

For the record, PC-PINE does not use the Unix mbox format by default
(making it incompatible with Unix pine!) -- it uses a proprietary
binary format called "c-client MBX".  The developers claim that MBX
uses resources more efficiently and can better handle multiple-user
access, but of course you cannot open or process these files with grep,
awk, or vi.  PC-PINE can read and write mbox format, but there is no
way to set this as the default; rather, you have to type something like
driver.unix/c:/full/pathname/to/mbox every time you create a new
mailbox.

If PC-PINE had handled this right I never would have made the leap to
mutt.

Tom

----
Dr. Thomas Baker                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Birlinghoven Library, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft           mobile +49-171-408-5784
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven                     work +49-30-8109-9027
53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany                              fax +49-2241-14-2619