On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 12:24:27PM +0100, Thomas Baker wrote:
> > > contrast to pine which I've read does have a native win32 port...
> >
> > Baochun Li has done a Cygwin port of Pine, see
> > http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~bli/personal.html, but in my experience it
> > only runs in an xterm window, requiring XFree86 or Exceed.  However, I
> > am not aware of a native win32 port other than PC-PINE, which is really
> > not quite the same program and uses a proprietary mailbox file format.
>
> that's surprising (I would assume that pine, which uses termcap, would
> run properly in a cygwin window or rxvt).  Maybe not - I do know that
> there are problems with cygwin switching between raw/cooked I/O modes
> that show up when I spawn a subprocess from an ncurses application.

I said "in my experience" because I was having all kinds of weird
problems with Cygwin until I discovered that several environment
variables set by MKS Toolkit were wreaking havoc and removed them by
hand; but maybe I missed something.  On Mr Li's suggestion, however,
pine did work with xterm.

Tom

----
Dr. Thomas Baker                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Birlinghoven Library, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft           mobile +49-171-408-5784
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven                     work +49-30-8109-9027
53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany                              fax +49-2241-14-2619