Michael --

...and then Michal 'hramrach' Suchanek said...
%
% > I would recommend a couple of macros which reset $folder so that you can
% > quickly change from local to remote and back.
%
% This is what I set up:
%
% ------------
% set spoolfile="$HOME/Mail"
% set mbox_type=Maildir
% set record=$HOME/Mail/Sent

This is interesting.  The spoolfile setting looks like what you would
actually have for $folder, especially since $record is a mailbox under
that folder.  Should $spoolfile really be $HOME/Mailbox or something
similar, or do you actually have

  $HOME/
    Mail/
      cur/
      tmp/
      new/
      Sent/
        cur/
        tmp/
        new/

which may or may not work (I don't think that Maildir is designed to have
not only messages but "subfolders" in the same plce)?

%
% account-hook . unset imap_user imap_force_ssl
% folder-hook . set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% account-hook artax set imap_force_ssl=yes imap_user=msuc8339
% folder-hook artax set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% account-hook dec59 set imap_force_ssl=no imap_user=suchanek
% folder-hook dec59 set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
%
% macro index \Csa ":set folder=imaps://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/mail<return>c?"
% macro index \Csu ":set folder=imap://dec59.ruk.cuni.cz<return>c?"
% macro index \Csl ":unset folder<return>c?"
% -------------
%
% It doesnt work. You can switch to an imap account but once there you
% can't switch anywhere else. I tried folder=~/Mail for local first but it
% makes no difference.

Instead of unsetting your folder for your local macro, set it back to
your local mail dir (usually $HOME/Mail but that's tough to tell above).

% Another problem is I lose the checking for new mail.

Use a "mailboxes" line to define where you want mutt to look.  I thought
I saw one in an earlier mail from you...

% Note I had to specify imaps: manually, otherwise I had to login twice.

Don't know anything about that one.

%
% --
%       Michal Suchanek