From: Tõnu Samuel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 4:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Please read the manual

Maybe it is my depression and I see everything in black but .... please
read manual before posting questions in this list. Manual covers at
least 90% questions asked here. If manual does not cover them, we will
put new chapters in it. This is all because what we do in this list can
be called FREE support. As much I know, most of our developers are
spending 2..4 hours per day just reading all related groups and
answering questions "Error 2002: Can't connect via socket
/tmp/mysql.sock".

Also I wanted to ask everyone who gets revenue from MySQL still buy
support contract. While MySQL is free to users there are people behind
it who eat, buy books, pay for internet connection get hardware and buy
icecream to kids. This is not about home users. There are companies on
NASDAQ who use heavily different open source software for their success
and have never paid a penny. For that money you get guaranteed answers.

MySQL is free, support in this list is partially free but do not abuse
it, then it can stay free in future.

--
MySQL Development Team

    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to
the above address (Microsoft Outlook), you can use: