<Flame retardant suit>

My personal opinion on the documentatios is:

It is good, however it is written in a very dry and technical manner
which will be hard to understand for less technically inclined
people.
This I guess is normal since the docs are probably written by the
same people that actually work on MySQL. A few years back there
was a joke about manuals, kinda like needing a translator to
translate them into a language other than technicaleese, in that
manner the best damm manuals I have ever read are Newteks
Lightwave 3D manuals, they deal with one of the most complex
computer related topics: 3D animation, those suckers where a joy
to read, they are (to me) as interesting as a novel and even my wife
can understand them.

So I guess the question would be were do we find people that could
translate it to a manner so that mere mortals can understand it.

</Flame retardant suit>

> Neff Patrick K writes:
> >
> >   <cut>
> >
> > I in fact finally got mysql up and running last night but not one
> > word in your manual helped me do it. So in fact all the reading in
> > the world would have left me sitting in the same position.
>
> Neff,
>
> What stumbling blocks in the documentation did you run across? What
> can we add (new sections, rewordings, etc) to help the many that will
> likely follow the same frustrating path you just did?
>

>     Matt

Ralf R. Kotowski
Jones Unlimited, Inc.

                         Do you Jones?