If the manual was written any better, you'd put all those book publishers
out of business.  The reason this list has such a high volume of traffic
might not be ambiguity of the online manual, rather the popularity of MySQL.

The contents of the manual are more than sufficient, but the search could be
better, maybe use some sort of relevance checker.

Brian