For some reason I don't think this was understood of what I said earlier.

THE "DATABASE" ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR XML

But, just because the database isn't responsible doesn't mean that the
application is responsible for generating XML.

Due to the fact I don't have my computer science degree like Ed Carp said we
all should. I'm going to claim stupidity and yet still say my $0.02.

We all know that the database is not responsible, nor should it be
responsible for only making it's data accessible through XML. This is not at
all what people need, nor are they asking for this. All people want is a way
to put this wrapper on MySQL to be able to send queries to and have the
output be in XML. There is no problem with this, nor should there be months
of debate on whether or not this is a database function because it's
obviously not. What people want is to have MySQL, an Open Source Database
that is pretty damn good, take the initiative and make this wrapper to
distribute with MySQL. Now if someone else wants to do this that's no big
deal, let's just give MySQL a copy so that they distribute it with MySQL.
You can't preach to me about how hard this is. If it wasn't for the fact
I've been stuck working on Microsoft the past year I would do it in a couple
days, I've already dome similar to create an XML feed manually for Microsoft
SQL using ASP.

Aaron Weiker