On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:21:52AM +0000, Peter Skipworth wrote:
> > How is this superior to SQL?
>
> It includes the letters "XML", which, apparantly, can do everything from
> butter your toast to giving you an orgasm like no other you've had
> before. Don't you just *love* buzzwords!
>
> Sorry...I had to say it =) And no, I'm not at all the cynical type...not
> I!

XML won't even switch on my computer (well... at least not for me ;-) ).
It wont wash my car.
It wont feed the cat.
It wont give me an orgasm of any kind.

But I find it usefull to _store_ structured data... Which, afterall, and
DBMS is all about.

It's not about specifying an query in XML - this _may_ be an side-effect,
but there certainly should be alternatives (like some extended SQL).

Greetings, Florian Pflug

PS: I don't _know_ if you are the cynical type, but you certainly _sound_
like the cynical type... ;-)