Keith Ivey said:
> William R. Mussatto wrote:
>
>>I've been googling for 1/2 hr w/o any answers.  sorry if I've missed
>> the obvious.
>>Problem. Fresh install of mysql 4.7.1, AS perl 5.8
>>DBI and DBD-Mysql via ppm.
>>Client does not support authnticaiton protocol
>>

> What version of MySQL were you using previously?  If it was 4.1.0 or
> earlier, then this
> might be useful reading:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Password_hashing.html
>
> --
> Keith Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Washington, DC
Thanks, I'll check it out.  I did the development under linux using
3.23.xx and perl 5.6 Basically debian stable.

>From the article it looks like I'll have to fall back to a 4.0 version.

I was hoping, but using a clean install on the windows box to avoid these
issues.
I'll try  SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');

Thanks that worked, now to see what happends when I try w/connector/J

--
William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27