Mark Matthews said:

> William R. Mussatto wrote:
>> Keith Ivey said:

>>>What version of MySQL were you using previously?  If it was 4.1.0 or
>>> earlier, then this
>>>might be useful reading:
>>>
>>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Password_hashing.html
>>>
>>>--
>>>Keith Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>Washington, DC
>>
>> Thanks, I'll check it out.  I did the development under linux using
>> 3.23.xx and perl 5.6 Basically debian stable.
>>
>> From the article it looks like I'll have to fall back to a 4.0
>> version.
>>
>> I was hoping, but using a clean install on the windows box to avoid
>> these issues.
>> I'll try  SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' =
>> OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');
>
> William,
>
> You'll need a copy of DBD::MySQL that's linked with libmysql from 4.1 to
> get around this issue (and use the new server-side prepared statements
> as well). Patrick Galbraith (a MySQL engineer) has pushed the required
> changes into the CVS repo of DBD::MySQL, however that hasn't been
> released yet as a binary by the DBD::MySQL maintainer  (DBD::MySQL
> version  2.9015)
>
>> Thanks that worked, now to see what happends when I try w/connector/J
>
> As long as you're using a recent version of Connector/J (3.0.15 or
> 3.1.4), it'll work fine.
>
> Regards,
>
>       -Mark
>

> - --
> Mark Matthews
> MySQL AB, Software Development Manager - Client Connectivity
> Office: +1 708 332 0507
> www.mysql.com
Thanks, I figured I just hit it at the wrong time (4.1.7 out but DBD not
yet updated).   the connector/j just came down from mysql.com so it should
be current.  I do most of my production work on debian linux but wanted to
give this client the current stuff.

--
William R. Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
Ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27