On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Rob Wultsch <wult...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you considered SQLite?
>
> You probably want to compile your own version of MySQL. You probably
> want to remove debugging symbols* (which have been present since the
> mid 5.0 series, iirc), and any engines/character sets/etc you don't
> need.
>
> *Alternatively you can run the strip command.
>
> --
> Rob Wultsch
> wult...@gmail.com

Well, I'm not in charge of deciding which RDBMS to use and the MySQL is
needed for a program which has already been written. So it seems that we
have no choice but to stick with MySQL.
I guess for removing debug symbols I need to add the "--without-debug"
option to the ./configure command. I think using these options would also be
helpful:

   - --without-man
   - --without-docs
   - --without-ipv6
   - --disable-largefile

I'm not sure which engine we're going to use, so I'll have to defer this to
another time.
Is there any other work I could do to strip MySQL?

*-- Nima Mohammadi*