Roam,
Why are you installing a client server database on an embedded system? There are better databases for this task. In the past I've been able to squeeze a Windows application and an SQL database so it could run directly off of a floppy disk (remember those?). But it wasn't client server. :) It seems to me you are trying to fit an elephant into a phone booth. Just don't expect it to sit up and dance.

BTW, where are the MySQL temp files going to go? Like the ones used for sorting the table? Also are you going to have crash recovery in case the machine gets accidentally powered off and damages the database?

Mike