Am 10.09.2011 16:07, schrieb a.sm...@ukgrid.net:
> Then I thought, what if I have hosts.allow misconfigured and its wide open
> maybe a remote system is connecting and
> messing with it. But hosts.allow was correct (mysql not listed, so denied by
> the last all:all). I tested connecting
> from a remote server, guess what? Mysql daemons restarted in exactly the way
> I was seeing each 7 mins, each time
> just by simply running:
>
> mysql -h tau
>
> Odd that, so I added a mysql specific line to the hosts.allow

who is using hosts.allow for protection instead a firewall in front of the
machine
or iptables (linux) / ipf (bsd)?

> As I said I can get it to restart just by doing a remote connect from another
> server...

reproduceable or was it a lucky hit once?

if mysqld crashs ypu see normally something in the mysqld-error-log or in the
syslog
of the machine, until now ypu provided no silngle line about a crash from any
log