Am 10.09.2011 16:25, schrieb a.sm...@ukgrid.net:
> Quoting walter harms <wha...@bfs.de>:
>

>> What i found odd that your mysqld actualy restarts.
>> Do you have it in some runlevel ? if yes stop and see
>> what happens.
>> If this does not work simple move the mysqld out of he way
>> and replace it with a script like
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> echo "mysqld ..." | logger -t TEST
>>

>> see what happens in /var/log/syslog (you get the idea).
>>

> Hi,
>
>   its FreeBSD so no run levels other than single user and up/multi user.
> And FreeBSD has no Solaris like SMF like monitoring of daemons so I can
> be fairly certain that the RC script is not being called by anything. I
> do use PSMON but this will advise me if its taken action, and Ive tested
> with PSMON stopped also.
> As I said I can get it to restart just by doing a remote connect from
> another server...

Sorry, I am a late starter in the thread ...

What i would like to understand is:
is it a "propper" shutdown ? (So far i understand yes, so the idea of a starter
script)
Does it concern target mysqld only ? (therefore the script)
Since my first idea was that something was calling the starter script
we will modify the dummy a bit.

 #!/bin/sh
 while true
 do
   echo "mysqld ..." | logger -t TEST
   sleep 1m
  done

This will make sure that you see a msg every minute. If you trigger something
it will try
to kill the script.

I still do not see why it is restarting ... there must be something watching is
disappear.
Just to be sure, you do from a remote host: mysql -hHOST -ume -e "show tables" ?
long shot: Do you have LDAP, NIS or so enabled ?

re,
 wh