Am 10.09.2011 17:32, schrieb a.sm...@ukgrid.net:
> Quoting walter harms <wha...@bfs.de>:
>
>> I still do not see why it is restarting ... there must be something
>> watching is disappear.
>> Just to be sure, you do from a remote host: mysql -hHOST -ume -e "show
>> tables" ?
>> long shot: Do you have LDAP, NIS or so enabled ?
>>

> Ok so made a script as you suggested, and it is called from mysqld_safe.
> So that is what is restarting mysqld.

when can establish that here is no interference from outside
we need to reduce more since you are running mysqld_safe - that is nice -
can you see the parameters who mysqld is started ?
restart it with the same parameter on the command line and see what happens
the server support a verbos option (never used) perhaps it will tell you more.

> With regard to is it doing a proper shutdown, no it isn't. It restarts
> instantly when triggered by a remote connection, and for example I see
> no "InnoDB: Starting shutdown..." info logged by mysqld.
>
> I'm not using LDAP or NIS.
So it must be a local problem .... (at least it has nothing todo with auth)

re,
 wh