<cut>
</cut>

<serious>

>  Our interpretation is that even under the interim agreement,
>  the operation
>  by NuSphere of mysql.org would have been a trademark violation.

Then, Marten, tell us what the status is of the trademark
application?
Under way, finished, or "in the mail" as suggested by the
other post from Sander Pilon?
(I don't know about US legal aspects here, but I'ld assume
"in the mail" is rather different from finished...)

<morecuts>
</morecuts>

</serious>

<halfwayserious>

And yes, if Britt would agree, you might post documents like
the interim agreement and the termination thereof. Of course,
this would involve posting the journal of the faxed termination,
and a statement from Britt that NuSphere actually received it.
Fax communication sometimes don't work... (An aspect sofar
not discussed...)

The track of needed documents will grow quite rapidly here.
You might want a 3rd party, not-for-profit web site to publish
it all.
(Something like www.mysql-open-source-legal-resolution.org
hosted by NuSphere *evilgrin*. This would be an application of
broad name related usage rights...)

</halfwayserious>

<serious>

In any case,
1) Money always is the reason why a company is in business
   to do business.
2) As Tom DeMarco writes in one of his latest books, lawyers
   don't add much, since they cost money, take you out of your
   business, which is making money, and tend to destroy all
   good faith one would have for another.

Not to disrespect either party, but I'm not to take a stand as I
don't know any of the NuSphere products around MySQL.

Take care of yourself, and eachother,
Guus
Short-time Mysql user.

</serious>