Hello All,

I'm having a problem when using Load Data where the single and double quotes
in the text file are getting nuked. It appears that the escape character is
not being respected but I'm not sure why.  It is also knocking out
characters near the quotes.

The command I'm running is:

load data local infile "~/Documents/web export.txt" into table stories
fields terminated by "," enclosed by "\"" lines terminated by "\r"
(StoryName,Writer,Heading,Caption,Body,ListDate,Section,Publication);

A sample of the original text file is:

"kimtest","Kim","","","this is kimıs test storiesı  to see how we cın
accommodate single ŒquotesıThere are a ³couple² of ³double² quotes here
to. And ³here are some Œsingleı quotes thatıre enclosed in
doubles²","2002-4-4","",""

The result from a command line query is:

| 253 | this is kim? test stories? to see how we c? accommodate single
?uotes?

There are a ?ouple?of ?ouble?quotes here to. And ?ere are some ?ingle?quotes
that?e enclosed in doubles?

The original file (an csv export from Filemaker Pro) has curly quotes but I
have also tried after converting the file to plain text with the same
results.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks

kim