That really depends on what you're doing.  I use a Windows front-end to
MySQL (ursql from http://www.urbanresearch.com/ursql) every day all day to
get at several databases.  It's not MS Access, but urSQL allows me to use
the same interface to query data on my MySQL database and my MSSQL
database and my Access database.  I also use it frequently to export data
in a variety of formats (HTML, Excel, Text, etc.).  Of course not everyone
wants to manually query or export the data.

But urSQL is only one front-end, there are now several others
available with varying feature sets.  Note that none of them are Access,
although if you like it that much, you can actually link MS Access to
MySQL.  Anyway, have a look at the MySQL documentation for several
available clients.  Several of the available clients meet the needs of
many users, so I wouldn't necessarily discredit the usefulness of MySQL in
a desktop environment for this reason alone...