if your users need queries only, you might check out
corereader.  it's a free download from
http:/www.corereader.com/ .

it's a point and click solution for any data source,
so the only hard part is the initial data connection.

it has built-in security to prevent updates, so if
your people need more than queries, it won't work.

the nice part, in addition to the point and click
queries, is that it'll work with any of your data
sources, including access.

--
        John Ragan
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]