On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 03:02:09PM -0500, Michael T. Babcock wrote:
> Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
>
> >>A very good suggestion indeed (IMHO); replication for performance in
> >>this way is probably very under-utilized.  I wonder if Slashdot is
> >>doing it yet?
> >>

> >They've been using Replication for a long time at Slashdot.
>
> That's not actually what I asked; I asked if they were running the
> replication servers on the web servers to act as a query cache ... as
> opposed to replication between strictly sql servers.

No, they're doing it for different reasons.  One is that they want to
use full-text search but 98% of their data is in InnoDB.  So I believe
they have a slave with MyISAM that they can then run searches against.

My info might be a bit dated, but that's what used to happen.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 86 days, processed 1,815,607,517 queries (242/sec. avg)