Have you tried installing a Windows copy of MySQL on the web server for the replication suggestion given before? I know it may be difficult to do politically.
This is a little hard to do politically for a number of reasons.
1) In order for this to work, the backend database (which allows updates) would also need to be MySQL, right now it is MSSQL
2) We could change the app to maybe use MySQL, but that would be a big hurdle its self
3) We would be adding a database to a machine which is already somewhat busy (we split the web and database off of the same box because the CPUs where not able to keep up with both web and db activity)
4) While we do use MySQL on another website, it might be hard convincing them we should put it on a windows box (we have traditionally be a UNIX shop, though that is changing a little)

thanks
benji

---
Ben Spencer