Sorry, I do not have much experience with MySQL on Suns (at least not
in pushing it to the limits). On an Athlon 700Mhz selecting 10000
random rows out of 60000, I get over 330MB/sec (1000 queries/sec) on
localhost and about 5.5MB/sec via a 100MBit TCP connection using the
mysql command line client like this:
this helps A LOT. MySQL doesn't have to be on the Sun Box. What OS where you using? We could put MySQL on a Windows box. I don't know that I could convince them to put it on a Linux box though.

---
Ben Spencer
Web Support
[EMAIL PROTECTED]