On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 18:23:00 -0400
"Dan Greene" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> not knowing anything about PHP (java geek, myself), I'm guessing that your
> connections are timing out,
> and php is not configured to try to reconnect....
PHP always reconnects, but *_pconnect seeks for the already existing connection first.

> with the popularity of PHP, I have to think it has built-in connection pooling
> facilities that may help resolve these issues...
no, it's not Java, there is no Application Server.
there is only Apache and Apache's module - PHP.
so, you have to use some third-party application if you need connection pooling.
this can be for example SQLrelay (sqlrelay.sf.net) or SRM (www.vl-srm.net - this one
is rather PHP-specific).

---
WBR,