Hi!

Haydies> Access is not a Database, its a kiddies toy.....
Haydies> You can just as easlily make your reports using crystal reports or any thing
Haydies> else like that if you really want to, or PHP/ASP....

Haydies> Now, please, for suggesting there is any use what so ever in the world for
Haydies> access, please take your self out back and shoot your self.... before the
Haydies> problem gets any worse....

Sorry for the late reply, but I had to jump in after noticing this
thread.

The MySQL email lists is NOT a list where we flame other people for
either the tools or databases they use!  Instead we should try to be
helpful to everyone and concentrate to solving problems! If a
suggestion is not in your liking, then you should reply with a
solution that you think would suite the original email better.

If you want to compare products, then you should do it with
verifiable facts, not with believes!  If you say something is
'unusable for everything', then you have to accept that you are wrong
if there is a single user that is happy with the product!

About Access I can only say that it's very useful tool for a lot of
people and there is a lot of places where it makes perfect sense to
use Access.  I don't claim it's a perfect reporting tool for all kind
of reports, but depending on the requirements it may be the right tool
for a specific problem/user combination.  (I will not go into details
as this is not important for this discussion; I am sure anyone with a
little goodwill can come up with a scenario where Access would be a
reasonable solution).

I don't claim that Access is the right tool for the original poster
(probably not as he is in this list).  I just want that everyone that is
trying to be helpful on this list should get the treatment and respect
that he/she deserves.

Respectfully,
Monty

--