Cliff,

please run

CHECK TABLE ...

on your table and look if mysqld prints anything to the .err log. Send the
WHOLE .err log to me.

What is your operating system version?

> > amount of changes since today. I am trying all I can to recover the data
> > from this table because I know it is in there. I deleted the frm file
and
> > recreated it because mysql was complaining about the file being corrupt.
> > used the same table definition as before. I pointed the datafile for
innodb

What does this mean: "mysql was complaining about the file being corrupt"?
Did it say that the .frm file was corrupt? What did it print exactly?

> > used the same table definition as before. I pointed the datafile for
innodb
> > to the correct file that is believe to be corrupt ...

What does the above mean?

Are you sure that you recreated the .frm file with the right CREATE TABLE?

You can use the innodb_table_monitor to print the internal data dictionary
of InnoDB:
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php#InnoDB.Monitor

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Register now for the 2004 MySQL Users Conference!
http://www.mysql.com/events/uc2004/index.html