Hi, I ran CHECK TABLE with the EXTENDED option on the table and it reports
everything ok:

mysql> check table allusa extended;
+-----------+-------+----------+----------+
| Table     | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text |
+-----------+-------+----------+----------+
| bb.allusa | check | status   | OK       |
+-----------+-------+----------+----------+
1 row in set (4.74 sec)

I am running FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE. The error log did not show anything while
or after the query ran:

040304 09:09:32  mysqld started
040304  9:09:33  InnoDB: Started
/mnt/disk2/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.18-standard-log'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306

If I do a select statement inside of mysql into an outfile, the server
crashes. However if I do a select on the same data to stdout, it works fine
most of the time. I am having my terminal program capture the screen output
from mysql to a file for each field and editing the records to a format that
is easy to insert back in. As you can imagine this is less than ideal, but
it is the only solution I can come up with at this point. Thanks for your
help, if you need anything else let me know.