Cliff,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Cliff"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: Major problem converting MyISAM to InnoDB

> Hi, I ran CHECK TABLE with the EXTENDED option on the table and it reports
> everything ok:
>
> mysql> check table allusa extended;
> +-----------+-------+----------+----------+
> | Table     | Op    | Msg_type | Msg_text |
> +-----------+-------+----------+----------+
> | bb.allusa | check | status   | OK       |
> +-----------+-------+----------+----------+
> 1 row in set (4.74 sec)

hmm... then the table most probably is not corrupt inside InnoDB.

> I am running FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE. The error log did not show anything while
> or after the query ran:
>
> 040304 09:09:32  mysqld started
> 040304  9:09:33  InnoDB: Started
> /mnt/disk2/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
> Version: '4.0.18-standard-log'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306
>
> If I do a select statement inside of mysql into an outfile, the server
> crashes. However if I do a select on the same data to stdout, it works
fine
> most of the time. I am having my terminal program capture the screen
output
> from mysql to a file for each field and editing the records to a format
that
> is easy to insert back in. As you can imagine this is less than ideal, but
> it is the only solution I can come up with at this point. Thanks for your
> help, if you need anything else let me know.

This sounds strange. I cannot recall a case where a simple SELECT
consistently crashes, while CHECK TABLE reports the table as ok!

An explanation might be that the .frm file is not the right one for the
table, though I do not understand how the mysql client then could work.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables

Register now for the 2004 MySQL Users Conference!
http://www.mysql.com/events/uc2004/index.html