Cliff wrote:
I think I may have gotten closer to the root of the problem. It seems that
the field named 'comments' is the one that crashes the server when it is
selected. Here is the output of the logs when I do 'select comments from
allusa':

040304 23:14:52  mysqld restarted
040304 23:14:53  InnoDB: Started
/mnt/disk2/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.18-standard-log'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306
Fatal error '_waitq_remove: Not in queue' at line ? in file
/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_priority_queue.c (errno = ?)

Number of processes running now: 0

I searched google and it seems that error has been seen in many programs since it is a threading issue. Any ideas on what would cause this?

Threading error is probably a consequence of the process getting SIGSEGV, which happens most likely because the .frm you have defines a different physical structure of the record than the one that is really there in the table space. If you access a field after comments (in the physical layout), do you crash or get garbage?

--
Sasha Pachev
Create online surveys at http://www.surveyz.com/