At 20:39 -0600 3/10/04, Mulugeta Maru wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am sorry for the confusion I might have caused. May be it would help to
give a clear example.

Table - Customers (CustomerID, CustomerName, Address, etc)

Table - Transaction(TransactionID,CustomerID,Date,Amount)

Note: CustomerID in Customer Table is a Primary Key. TransactionID is a
Primary Key and CustomerID is a Foreign Key in Transaction Table).

Question: How would I be able to give my customers access to the database so
that they can update the customer table (for example address change) and add
transactions to the transaction table. What I do not want to happen is that
customer A is able to modify customer B's record.
In short how would you restrict customer a to see transactions that pertain
to him/her.

MySQL does not support row-level privileges, which is what you're asking for. You must enforce this kind of access policy by implementing it in your application.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/