Our customers are running MySQL 4.0.17 on QNX 6.2.1.

We are currently using a flash drive to store our database but we want
to store it in a RAM disk to prolong the life of the drive.  We want to
install the database on the RAM disk on startup and save it to flash on
shutdown.

There are two databases that we are using.  Neither is very big but one
is updated very frequently and the other one is not.  However, even
though the databases are small, the ibdata1 file is 136M.  Is there a
way to prevent this file from growing too big?

...Stephen