Becky-

I just opened a TEENY boutique-y salon northeast of Detroit.

I chose leather theater seating with Footsie baths on top of custom builts
risers (same height as a single stair step) that have a removable crossbar
(resembles a shoe shine set-up for visuals anyway). Clients have stated they
love the separate seats and the cush of the chairs. EVERYone loves the
comfort factor! They "don't have to climb into anything" is another
consistent comment.

I researched VERY thoroughly and decided on Footsie's for wet pedis due to
the depth, size accomodations (size 13 mens- HUBBY and SON), sanitary
factors of recyclable liners (Client's LOVE this), and heating element.
Since purchase, I will be frank in relating that Footsie's heat is HOT, yet
if you fill it with very warm water, it is a very satisfying experience for
the client! Most client's ask for the element to be turned down due to it
being on the bottom of the vessel and not in the sidewalls. It gets HOT on
the soles of the feet, yet I have gotten great results with putting warmer
water in and turning down the element.. The water stays a WONDERFUL warm
temp for the entire pedi!  I just warn them and they request it turned down
if necessary. Client's have expressed that they really feel safe and
pampered with these baths. They have also mentioned that they don't feel
"cheated" because I don't have thrones. That makes me happy!

I got recliners because we do waterless pedis also and after talking to
Jaime Schrabeck and taking her class, it seemed to be the necessary
furniture to get the job done...BUT...due to my custom risers and cross
bars, we rarely recline the chairs. It is nice to know they are available
though!

My clients LOVE the option of wet or waterless pedis and I feel good that I
can offer both, make a buck and help the environment too-either way becuase
of my homework!

Eventually, I would love to get a "set" of  Contiinuum Maestro chairs. I
offer Pedi-pairs and dualing pedis-YUP-two clients at once for moms and
daughters, friends- I like the Maestro idea of Corain-like bowls (SEALED and
sanitary), no-pipe jets, leg supports, massage and overall look of the
piece. I even talked at length with the reps about getting extra sets of jet
mechanisms so that I cant disinfect properly between EVERY single client by
exchanging the fan props. I told them they really NEED to include extra
props in the purchase price! After my research, Maestro offered me the best
in a throne should the time ever come to upgrade and go that way...right now
the people are happy, happy!

PRODUCT:  Haken--LOVE THE STUFF LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! My client's ask for
yogurt mask!!!  Haken's Eucalyptus Ice is great for guys and dolls, their
cranberry is awesome for fall and Christmas, along with their pumpkin spice.
I find the quality of the product worth the price.

Have been using Gehwol salts lately just because I have been finding that it
reduces pressure needed in filing and no need for callous remover...I like
that and so do the feet I see! Everyone comments on the freshness and
profesional-ness of the scent-weird but true!!

I don't always have the "scent-theme" consistent throughout everyday pedis
due to using certain products for certain challenges...thus Gehwol soak for
callous, then Haken scrub and yogurt mask, followed by a Gehwol lotion that
suits the conditions of the client might be my plan of attack.

I should also mention I use a VERY fine pumice to scrub with and I find (and
client's have noticed) it polished the skin. I got that from Premiere Nail
Source (Salon Basic) and that stuff is CHEAP! I premix it with other scrubs
and have had no problems. GREAT RESULTS though!!! Be real careful with
pumice and whirlpools...

Hope this helps...MOST of my business is pedicure in a FOUR season state and
my clients are once-a-monthers!!!!!! I love to pedicure most of all!!!

Kelley Killop-Marble
Opalized Designs Studio Salon
Your feet, your hands, Your way!
http://wdiv.cityvoter.com/opalized-designs-studio-salon/biz/92064