Sorry susan u r correct, I must not have cleared my calc before doing my
math lol

If upgrading the cell is a problem, concider this do u use it for work? If
so that bill is also a write off at tax time.

I also write off every piece of clothing other than undergarments, the irs
can't prove I don't wear them at work, not only that I am always "on show"
and the irs can't prove I don't hand out cards daily while not at work.

But every one is different.
On Feb 23, 2011 10:17 AM, "Susan Mang" <susanm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi....
>
> If I'm figuring the 2.75% correctly....on a $30 service, wouldn't the fee
actually be .825 ....or .83 ??

> At any "rate", what needs to be considered is your individual
circumstances. For me, I would have to upgrade
> my cell phone, and my cell phone service. That adds to the "cost" for me.
Right now I share a credit card service with one
> of the other nail techs. However, it is getting harder and harder to sift
thru the paperwork. We ballpark the percent we pay,
> as there are so many different fees that the company tacks on.
>
> The more I hear/read about Square, the more I like the idea. But in my
case, it will actually increase my fees (because of the
> upgrade in cell phone service). But I'm thinking it may be worth the price
just to simply all the paperwork.

> And, in my usual fashion of finding a plus in the negatives, perhaps if
people don't like that they aren't getting a paper receipt, they
> will just use cash instead.
>
> And Angie.....I don't think you sound "tight"......I know it looks like a
big chunk of money when you add it up at the end of the year.
> Then I think about the times I use a debit card for convenience, and have
to admit that those companies are also paying fees.

> Any Square users out there run into any problems/situations that we should
know about ahead of time? And if so, how did you
> resolve it? I read on the websight about putting a hold on an extra 40%
for enabling the tipping feature. Wonder if it wouldn't just be easier to
rerun a card with the amount of the tip. Is there a minimal amount that has
to be run?

> Thanks for all your comments!!
>
> Sue Mang
> susanm...@hotmail.com
> Louis Anthony Salon
> Buffalo NY
>
> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:37:30 -0500
> Subject: Re: NailTech:: Questions about Square
> From: kelleymar...@gmail.com
> To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
>
> Angie. Do the math on a 30 buck service ur 2.75 % is a whole .33cents!
> I can afford that cost of business , when it cost me more for the service
plus it is a write off at tax time.
> On Feb 22, 2011 11:46 PM, "Angela R Wingerter" <awinger...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
>> Thank you Sherri, I thought it was illegal. Darn! Don't want to loose my
little

>> 2.75%. I guess I sound kinda tight. If it makes your sales go up I guess
you are
>> still ahead. I don't know. Something to think about.
>>
>> Angie

UP..